Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Weekend Update Etc.

I probably only have a second. Thomas is sitting next to me and is supposed to be eating his lunch. However, since he doesn't like that activity it literally takes about a minute before he decides he is finished. Today, it's chicken with a side of guacamole. It all goes in, he sucks off the good stuff and proceeds to spit out the chicken. Overall, he eats next to nothing but it's apparent that he will share his parent's love of Mexican food. I've added apples and cheerios to the mix but those too fail to spike any interest. Brent and I have tried to revert back to baby food consistency but now that he has discovered his independence he in no way wants you to feed him. I fear that he will follow in his father's picky picky foot steps.

My generally happy boy is incredibly unhappy today. Apparently, the fact that I am not letting him explore absolutely everything, climb on all the furniture, and play with dangerous toys is rubbing him the wrong way. Guess, he isn't all Brent, he has my temperament. I think a trip to the book store for some guidance on how to direct/discipline him is in my future. It is so great when Brent is home on the weekends. It helps tremendously to have two people to switch off and keep him entertained. He is just one of those busy kids that keeps adults on their toes and engaged. I'd take that over a bump on a log any day :)

We had a great weekend. Saturday we went to my sister's house in Annapolis. They have a house on the cape. She and her husband made great hors d'oevures and a bbq dinner which we enjoyed on the deck over looking the water. Thomas got to take a swim in the bay and loved splashing! Sunday my sister was on call at the hospital so she spent the day at our house. She wanted to be closer should she get called in and we got an extra day with Aunt Jen. Thomas and Brent played in the pool and spent some quality time together while I went to the grocery store....somehow that wasn't as fun!

Swimming in the Chesapeake

It wasn't enough that Aunt Jen let me use my spoon in her salad. I had to stand on the table and put my hands in it!

0 comments: