Saturday, October 18, 2008

Arizona People

I wish we were going to be in Arizona on the 25th of October. I know just how we would spend our evening. Grandma Donna would be available to babysit and Brent and I would head out on a much needed date! Our first stop would be an early dinner at Sushi Brokers. Eating early at this great restaurant not only allows to you to capitalize on Happy Hour pricing and get a table without waiting but it leaves you with plenty of time for a second activity later on! After we have been stuffed with fresh fish and spicy wasbi we would enjoy the night sitting under the stars, listening to this great artist and supporting a family in need. I am not sure you can get more romantic.

Although, I am sure this concert will be fantastic it will also be a bit sad. This amazing Mom and Dad are recovering from 3rd degree burns after surviving a plane crash in August. They have the most beautiful children (who are being taken care of by Nie's sisters in Utah) two of which will be there and perform. I wish I could be there to see it. I have come to admire them, especially Nie. Reading her blog inspires me to be a better Mom and a better person. I am anxiously awaiting her posts once she is able, in the meantime I re-read her blog taking something different with me each time.

Maybe some of our Arizona friends can make it and fill our shoes....I'm sure it will be a beautiful night!

2 comments:

The Piccoli's said...

Hi Liz! I am curious about this. Can you email me her blog address or let me know which of your links is hers? I would like to read it since you get a lot of inspiration out of it being a Mom. Miss you guys. Wish we could teleport so we could see each other easily. :)

Our Family said...

The link labeled C Jane on the right side of my blog will take you directly to her sister Jane's site. She is taking care of the kids and providing updates. I have also listed the addresses below:

http://blog.cjanerun.com/

This is Nie's site that I fell in love with months before the accident and where replays are now posted:
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

Fundraising Info:
http://web.me.com/andrewtbagley/NieRecovery/Home.html