Monday, September 29, 2008

You want to go out....again??

We didn't do anything this weekend, literally. My parents were out of town so we had the house to ourselves. I guess between that and the weather vegetating was inevitable. It rained off and on which kept us from going anywhere really fun but allowed us to wander the neighborhood with T.

Thomas would be outside all day long if we allowed it. Normally, by 8:30am he is bringing you his shoes which are by the front door. He maneuvers his way onto your lap so you can put them on and signs please. It is just too precious and I immediately reward him for being so smart, we are outside in a matter of minutes. We walk the street, pick up acorns and leaves, and chase the squirrels. It not long before we move on to throwing a ball, pushing him on his "bike" and carrying around newspapers that were thrown on our neighbors driveways (I put them back). A few times a week we walk to the top of the circle to see the kids meet the school bus. T waits at the stop and watches intensely as they get in line to board. I wonder what he is thinking, I'm sure it's something like "Boy, those big kids are lucky". Going in is always traumatic. He is never ready so it isn't long before he is repeating the process that ushers us out the door. I don't mind. I'd go exploring with him any day and I'm happy he is so inquisitive.

I have wondered what we would do if we were living in Arizona. I heard yesterday it was 105, way to hot to be out. We miss our friends, family and some aspects of the west but overall, I'm happy we are here. The weather is beautiful and fall is quickly approaching. It's one of my favorite seasons. The leaves are starting to change color and puddle on the ground. I'm looking forward to it getting a little cooler, a crisp morning is so refreshing!

I am really excited about creating some great memories in the next couple weeks! Our weekends are just jammed packed, full of fun things! There are some fabulous Oktoberfests in the area and wonderful family owned farms. I can't wait to go pick apples, visit the pumpkin patches, take hayrides, and drink hot cider! I'd also like to squeeze in a scenic drive into the mountains. I know Brent would love to see all the trees and colors of the leaves. It truly is a masterpiece. Hopefully, it will only rain during the week :)

0 comments: